Commitment to Your Privacy
- Welcome to the Website, owned and operated by the Company. The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of the user of the website. The Company values the trust of its subscribers and all others who work with it. The Company recognizes that maintaining your trust requires transparency and accountability in how the Company handles your personal information. This privacy statement is incorporated into and is subject to the Company’s standard Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the Website.
- In performing the Company’s services in the ordinary course of business, the Company may collect, use, and disclose personal information. Anyone from whom the Company collects such information can expect that it will be lawfully protected as far as reasonably possible and that any use of this information is subject to consent, as required by law. This is in line with the general privacy practices of the Company.
- We comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA) and the principles outlined in Sections 50 and 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No.25 of 2002 (ECTA) which govern your right to have your personal information kept private.
- This privacy statement sets out how the Company collects, uses, discloses, and safeguards the Personal Information it processes during its business.
In this privacy statement the Company makes use of the following terms:
• “Personal Information” means all information which may be personal in nature or information about an identifiable natural or existing juristic person in terms of POPIA.
• “User, you, your or yourself” refers to any person who makes use of the Website.
What Personal Information is Collected and Why
- The Company may collect personal information in conducting its ordinary business operations, including using its Website. In processing such personal information, the Company ensures that it complies with the provisions of POPIA, and personal information is used for legitimate business purposes.
- The Company limits the use and disclosure of personal information to include only what is permitted in terms of POPIA, where consumers have consented to such collection, use, and disclosure.
- Confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Unless we have your consent or permitted under the national laws, we will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others. We will not use or share your personal information in ways unrelated to the circumstances described in this Website Privacy Statement.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Company operates its Website, and conducts its business in general, in accordance with South African legislation. The Company considers it imperative to protect the privacy interests of data subjects. If the Company sends personal information outside of South Africa (including if such information is hosted offshore), the Company will ensure that it takes all reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with all applicable laws in this regard, including POPIA.
- Unless permitted under the law or your consent is obtained, the Company will not transfer your personal information outside the Republic of South Africa.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section, the Company may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Retention of Personal Information
- All personal information retained on the Company’s database, including such information obtained using the Website, is in accordance with the retention provisions set out in the laws and regulations of South Africa, including those set out in POPIA.
- We retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with laws and your consent to such purpose, remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
- It is important to note that you have rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right to contact the Company at any time to ask the Company to:
• Confirm that it holds your personal information.
• Provide you access to any records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that the Company hold about you.
• Confirm the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information.
- The Company aims to ensure that your personal information is accurately recorded. To be able to achieve this, we adhere to processes that help ensure and maintain data accuracy. We provide individuals with reasonable access to review and correct their personal information. The Company’s contact information is as set out on the Contact Us page of this Website.
- When you make a request regarding your personal information, the Company will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity. There may be times when the Company cannot grant access to your personal information, including where granting you access would interfere with the privacy of others, or result in a breach of confidentiality. The Company will always provide you with reasons if this is the case.
- If you are of the view that any personal information that the Company holds about you is incorrect, including that it is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete, or misleading, you can ask the Company to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that the Company holds about you is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained, you can ask the Company to destroy or delete it.
- You may do the same if you think that the Company has retained if for longer than necessary, given the purpose.
- It is important, however, to understand that if you withdraw your consent for the Company to use some of your personal information, it may affect the quality and level of service that the Company can provide to you.
- When you contact the Company, please let us know your name, address, any email address you have provided, and a description of the circumstances under which you provided the data. We will make reasonable efforts to incorporate as soon as practicable the changes in personal information that we maintain.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator:
• By e-mail: email@example.com
• To the following postal address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria.
• By telephone: 012 406 4818
• By Fax: 086 500 3351.
- The Company takes security and the protection of personal information seriously. We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to protect any data that we collect. We have adopted procedures to secure the storage of personal information and are committed to working with our data suppliers to protect the security of personal information during any transfer to or from us.
- We have also instituted safeguards to identify and help prevent the fraudulent use of personal information. Your personal information is only accessible to those employees, agents, or contractors for business purposes and on a strictly need-to-know basis. For security purposes, we then move all the personal information that we collect or obtain about you, to an environment on our network that has controls in place to limit access to and secure the data.
- On the Website, we take precautions to secure your personal information. If we ask you to provide your personal information, we will do so through a web page that uses the industry-standard secure transport protocol. This protocol provides security for your information by encrypting it as it travels from your computer to our computer.
- To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making alterations to the data we maintain.
- The Company has adopted a security model to protect your personal information that complies with generally accepted information security practices and procedures. As part of the Company’s security systems, the Company has implemented fire-wall technology, password controls, encryption processes and antivirus software. This is in addition to the physical security measures adopted by the Company to ensure that it takes all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss or damage to, or unauthorised destruction of personal information, and unlawful access to or processing of personal information. The Company has a security policy in place that every employee, and supplier of the Company must adhere to.
- The Company defines children as individuals under the age of 18. This Website is not intended for the use of children, and we do not intend to collect information about children through the Website. This Company does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and our Website does not target children under 18. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
- You must be at least 18 to access or use any products or services through the Website or become a subscriber of any program entitled to subscription benefits.
- If the Company has reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, the Company will delete that personal data.
- Cookies are small files containing information that a Website uses to track a visit by a user. The Company uses session cookies to better understand how the Website is used by users to improve the performance of the Website for users.
- A cookie is also set on your computer to allow the Company to recognize you whenever you visit and collect information, like the pages you visit and the preferences you choose. We use the information we collect for statistical purposes and to study how the Website is used so that we may improve and enhance your experience on the Website. No personal information is stored in cookies.
- As with most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data. The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- If you would like more information about cookies, you can visit: http://www.cookiecentral.com/n_cookie_faq.htm.
- With your consent, the Company may use your personal information to promote and market additional products, services, and special offers from us or our affiliates that may be of interest to you. When you visit the Website, we may ask you if you want to sign-up to receive information and promotional offers and its marketing partners.
- If you decide to register for emails, you may opt-out from receiving such communications, at any time. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us as per the details provided on the Contact Us page. If you do not provide us your consent, some features on our Website may not be available to you.
- We will use your personal information for direct marketing purpose only if you give your consent to us or it is permitted by the laws.
- In case you no longer want to receive this news or information, you may opt-out of receiving such by responding to the newsletter and asking to be unsubscribed or calling the Company and asking to be taken off the list.
- Our compliance with this Website Privacy Statement will be monitored on a regular basis. The Company reserves the right to modify this Website Privacy Statement with or without notice. The Website Privacy Statement posted at any time via the Website shall be deemed to be the Website Privacy Statement then in effect. You therefore agree and undertake to review the Website Privacy Statement whenever you visit the Website.